Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool that allows businesses to manage their online presence across Google platforms, including Search and Maps. Posting updates to your GMB profile is an effective way to keep customers informed about important announcements, promotions, and changes to your business. In this article, we'll walk you through the process of posting an update to your GMB profile.
To post an update to Google My Business, you must have a verified GMB account. If you haven't set up a GMB account yet, follow the steps outlined in the Google My Business Help Center to create and verify your business account.
Step 1: Sign in to your Google My Business Account
Visit https://business.google.com/ and sign in with your Google account.
Select the business location you want to manage if you have multiple locations.
Step 2: Click on your business name
This will open a window with your business listing in it
Step 3: Click the down arrow key under your business name then click add update
Step 4:Select an update type
Select the option that best fits what you are trying to accomplish:
- Add an Update: Provides the ability to write a general post while leaving any existing offers in place.
- Add Offer: Allows you to create a special offer and direct the customer to use the offer on the website. This will generally replace any prior offers that you have on your profile.
- Add Event: Perfect for adding events you are hosting or that you will be at. These are temporary and expire on specific date.
Step 4: Follow The Prompts
When creating post images keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Recommended resolution: 720 px tall, 720 px wide.
- Minimum resolution: 250 px tall, 250 px wide.
- Quality: The photo should be in focus and well lit, and have no significant alterations or excessive use of filters.